SAVI’s Enhanced Project Management Tools Course provides each participant with a high-quality, classroom based, instructor-led course of study designed to fully prepare them to use many effective and innovative tools for performing project management. This course includes essential project management knowledge and expands content to show tools derived from accepted project management best practices, as well as complementary practices like Lean Six Sigma®, PRINCE2® and others.
This course can be configured for a two or three-day event, depending on your requirements.
Learning materials include:
- Course Workbook – The SAVI Guide to Project Management
- Supplemental Materials – The SAVI Toolkit
- Class exercise and notes
- Project Management Process Poster
Individuals who are working as a project coordinator, project lead or project manager, operations manager, service delivery manager or business analyst would benefit from this course. Subject matter experts who want to learn about project management will also benefit from attending this course.
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- Project, Program and Portfolio interaction
- Key concepts in project management
Establishing the Project
- Identifying the need
- Determining a vision
- Documentation required
- Alternatives for establishing a project
- Examples of tools
Planning the Project
- Determining a project management methodology
- Assessment tool for methodology selection
- Predictive Project Management methods
- Scope, Schedule and Spending tools
- Adaptive Project Management methods
- Adaptive tools: User Stories, Product Backlogs
- Hybrid project management methods
Managing the Project
- Managing daily work
- Interpersonal tools for success
- Tools to assess variances
- Change Control
- Performance Reporting tools
Finishing the Project
- Formal Acceptance – Quality Control, Acceptance and Closing
- Lessons Learned – How to make this most effective
- Archiving information for future use
- Final project report