SAVI’s Project Management Fundamentals Course provides each participant with a high-quality, classroom based, instructor-led course of study designed to prepare them to perform project management for personal projects or corporate projects. This course includes essential project management knowledge and information based on accepted project management best practices. This course discusses project management practices that are flexible and expandable to meet the needs of your project.
This course can be configured for a one or one and a half day event, depending on your requirements.
Learning materials include:
- Course Workbook – The SAVI Guide to Project Management
- Class exercise and notes
- Project Management Process Poster
Individuals who are working as a project coordinator, project lead or project manager, operations manager, service delivery manager or business analyst would benefit from this course. Subject matter experts who want to learn about project management will also benefit from attending this course.
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- Project, Program and Portfolio interaction
- Key concepts in project management
Establishing the Project
- Identifying the need
- Determining a vision
- Documentation required
Planning the Project
- Determining a project management methodology
- Predictive Project Management methods
- Adaptive Project Management methods
Managing the Project
- Managing daily work
- Change Control
- Status Reporting
Finishing the Project
- Formal Acceptance
- Lessons Learned
- Archiving information for future use
- Final project report